Friday 27 March 2020

Autumn Leaf rubbing


Has anyone ever tried leaf rubbing?

I found this leaf outside yesterday and thought I would try making a leaf rubbing.  This is how it turned out....




Can you find anything at your house to make a leaf rubbing with?

Here are the steps:
  1. Find a leaf.
  2. Place a piece of paper over it.
  3. Rub a pencil, crayon or pastel over the top of the paper.
I used colours that reminded me of autumn leaves.  The pencil rubbing seems to show more detail than the pastel one.

Make sure you post a picture of your leaf rubbing on your blog so everyone can see it!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I look forward to seeing some other leaf art on individual blogs.
    Stay safe and well everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm William, that looks really pretty and cool! I can't wait to try this! But I can't do it right now because of the rain but I will have a go when I can. Thanks for the idea! Blog you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi William, thanks for your comments. I bet you will make a cool picture too. I've emailed you comments about your creative writing, make sure you post your finished work on your blog so everyone can read it : ) Can't wait to see your leaf rubbing post as well. bye : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Christian, that's some good painting and I hope you do a green painting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.